Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tivo and a Tipple

After a rough day at the office -- and I've had a few of those lately -- a little decompressing time is in order. My new favorite time-waster on TV is "Clean House" on the Style network, and last night my show went famously with a glass of 2006 Jean-Luc Colombo Les Abeilles Côtes du Rhône ($11). This wine had an aroma that reminded me of rain (the fresh, country kind, not the kind that washes the stench off Eighth Avenue), and while it was slightly bright and tannic at the start, it opened up nicely.
On "Clean House," a home makeover show, the hosts pry clutter away from various nutty families (some of them are literally living in a landfill with a roof), and then redecorate. I realized why this show has struck a chord with me: It's editing -- on a certain level, a lot like what I do all day. There is something comforting about trying to impose order on chaos. Even better with a little Côtes du Rhône.

No comments:

Post a Comment