Friday, June 12, 2009

Hanging in the 'Hood

Last night we got together with some Minnesota friends at one of our favorite wine bars in Hell's Kitchen (I will never call it "Clinton"): Riposo 46, on Ninth Avenue at 46th Street. It's a tiny scrap of real estate (three tables, maybe a dozen seats at the bar), but always top fun. Bobby and I both enjoyed the 2005 Marques de la Concordia Rioja Crianza, an engaging, snappy little red. It was $10 a glass, but a pretty healthy pour. I love that their bottles are reasonably priced for Midtown -- their featured wines are mostly $30-50.
The menu is simple but fulfilling: I had the goat cheese flatbread with rosemary and lemon zest (it was better a few other times I've had it, but I was so hungry I devoured it). Next time I'm not sure I will be able to resist their hypnotic cheese plate.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! And good to know. Tom and I just passed Riposo last night on a pub crawwl of sorts from midtown to the village. We went to that great bar that you, LB, Scott and I went to after the SITC movie. What's it called? It's around 34th and 9th. Anyway we loved our cocktails and were having a super time when BAM -- "sorry we don't accept credit cards for purchases under $40"""!!!! Huh? Since when did $40 become the new $20 in this economy??? We had the cash but the scummy-ness of it left a bad taste in our mouths. Bummerama buzz kill.

    ReplyDelete