Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Think Pink


Last night was a fun evening of girl talk, sushi and rosé while helping Laura pack for her vacation to Cambodia. The wine was a 2007 L'Estandon Côtes de Provence, which was an appealing salmon pink in color and had notes of citrus. ($11.99). (L'Estandon's Web site says it's "Provence's oldest brand" so hopefully they know what they're doing.) Anyway, it went well with the sushi... and the gossip!

The rosé reminded me that I've been meaning to write about A Year in Provence, which I finished reading a few weeks ago. It was a pleasant enough diversion, but I failed to see why it was such a blockbuster. It seemed winkingly filled with stereotypes, drunken driving and tax evasion, and I had more than I could stomach concerning Peter Mayle's godforsaken home renovations. And enough about the weather! I guess it's an English thing. Loved the goat races, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment