Saturday, March 28, 2009

Signs of Spring


Yesterday, I went running outside, and later saw daffodils, for the first time this year. I was all too ready for both.
And last night I wanted to check out City Winery with my friend Phyllis. But it was "closed to the public" for a Marianne Faithfull concert. Rats! We'll have to stop in another time.
So we ended up at Cafe Noir in Soho on the recommendation of another friend (thanks, Scott!), and what a happy turn of events it was. I had a warm goat cheese salad, french fries with dijon mustard and a glass of Côtes du Rhône, and I remember stopping at one point to exclaim how utterly happy all of the above was making me. Delicious food, great company, in a lively restaurant (TWO sessions of "Happy Birthday" nearby ... what recession?). A lovely stroll home on a spring evening was the perfect coda.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Cafe Noir....it's SoHo hip without being precious, and I love spring there when they open the French doors & windows... a great place to while away a sunny afternoon with a bottle. In addition to a solid selection of reasonably priced wines (for a restaurant that is!) they do pretty good cocktails, including freshly muddled mojitos.

    ReplyDelete